The Team of M&J Engineers, P.C. and CapitalSoft, Inc., leaders in the Capital Program & Project Management domain are presently seeking to jointly hire a professional to fill the position of Junior/ Entry Level - Engineer for application software development. The ideal candidate will have exceptional problem-solving abilities, while being a self-starter, with some experience in construction management, and in Database Management is desirable.
This position will be an integral part of a dynamic team and the successful candidate will have an opportunity to participate in the application, refinement, and development of applied software for construction management, project management and engineering services. Additionally, the candidate will work on strategic plans for business development, as well as provide customer support.
The candidate’s role will also be to provide product support. He/she will work directly with customers to resolve issues and identify customer and industry needs and strategic objectives, assist in the development of business plans, proposals, and RFPs.
Technical- The scope will include, but not be limited to the following:
· Develop, and modify software packages based on consultation with managerial, engineering, and technical personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest changes.
· Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
· Obtain and apply information on project requirements within software application.
· Ensure software system specifications are met.
· Perform revision, repair, or expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
· Correct errors by making appropriate changes and rechecking the program to ensure that the desired results are produced.
· Conduct trial runs of programs and software applications to be sure they will produce the desired information and that the instructions are correct.
Product support- The scope will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Become an expert in product demonstrations (online and onsite).
• Assist with the development of RFP/RFI demonstrations.
• Be the point of contract for field application issues.
• Meet and interact with customers and clients as required.
• Perform field training.
• Perform other duties as appropriate.
• Work with other windows based applications.
• Translate business requirements into technical solutions.
• Work with other developers on the design and implementation of the application.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
• Able to analyze and resolve complex issues and problems in a sound and timely fashion.
• Able to develop and conduct formal presentations in person and online.
• Able to identify needs and opportunities and develop action plans.
• Able to adjust readily to change and adapt as needed.
• Able to express ideas clearly and convey necessary information.
• Able to facilitate group interactions.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, virtual collaborative environment.
• Self-starter, with effective Time Management skills.
The following skills will be considered an asset:
• Technology sales and/or product management and/or customer support experience.
• Software development/programming experience.
• Experienced in the use of CapEX Manager.
· 1 to 5 years’ experience
· Excellent knowledge of Microsoft data layer technologies
· Bachelor’s in Engineering, Electrical or Computer Science preferred; other equivalent technical education will be considered
M&J is a leader in providing quality engineering consulting services to a diverse and exciting client base. We attract experienced professionals who understand proactive client service, safety, risk management and loss prevention practices, quality control, teamwork, and the development of younger staff. We seek employees who enjoy their work, desire continuous improvement, and want to contribute to the vision and growth of a quality, professional firm. To all full-time employees we provide a comprehensive package of benefits, including medical, dental and eye insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, life insurance, etc. Salary will depend on experience and credentials.